Most of us know very well the fact that using natural hair care product, like natural shampoos, hair conditioners, hair masks, etc. is the best solution for our hair health. We are not always sure, what makes a shampoo natural, but we all are trying to read the labels and buy hair care products free from silicon, parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, and other harmful chemicals of lab origin. Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to find a high quality and effective 100 per cent natural shampoos in our stores or online shops, mainly because such products have an extremely short shelf lives. That is why more and more people get interested in making own homemade natural shampoos and guaranteeing high quality hair care for themselves and their close people. Wondering, how to make natural shampoo? Go on reading to learn more about this interesting topic.
If you decided to spare your hair from harmful effects of commercially produced hair care shampoos and save it from extensive damage caused by a variety of chemicals and substances in this kind of products, you can opt for homemade natural shampoos, hair-friendly and absolutely effective. Making your own natural shampoos can be a great idea since you will not need any rare ingredients or components. You can use what you have in your kitchen, mainly herbs and organic substances which can assist in making your hair healthier and better looking.
Below, there is a list of a few homemade natural shampoos which everyone of us can easily make at home.
1. Baking Soda Shampoo. One of the easiest and the most economical homemade natural shampoos. To make it, you should take 1 tablespoon of baking soda (carbonate) and 1 cup of water, place into a jar with a lid, close it and shake it well. Your baking soda shampoo if ready to use. Washing your hair with this shampoo is the same as when you are using your usual shampoo: get your hair wet, take a good handful of your baking soda shampoo, scrub it into your hair and scalp, then rinse it well with warm water. Repeat the procedure if necessary. To achieve the best results, use this natural shampoo on every third day. Keep baking soda shampoo out of your eyes, otherwise it can cause burning sensation.
2. Another easy natural solution is rubbing your scalp with 50/50 solution of water and white vinegar. This is the best type of those homemade natural shampoos which can be used on a daily basis and can substantially improve hair health in an effective natural way. It can help you achieve gorgeous, ‘polished’ look of hair.
3. It is possible to make your own herbal shampoo which would take care about your hair in a natural way. Take 1/4 cup of fresh herbs, according to your hair type:
- strawberry leaves or lemongrass for oily hair
- elder flower or comfrey root for dry hair
- nettle, sage, rosemary, or peppermint for dandruff damaged hair
Steep the herb for 15-20 minutes in boiling water. Filter the water and let it cool down. Stir in 2 tablespoon of liquid castile soap and 1 tablespoon of olive oil or essential oil of your choice. Pour your homemade natural shampoo into a jar, and start using it for washing your hair.
Could not find here an answer to the question, how to make natural shampoo? Read other interesting posts and articles in this website, and learn more about natural treatments for hair loss.